Every week, the App Store highlights some of the best new and updated apps. This week, there’s a new app to get ready for the U.S. Open, a news app from BuzzFeed, new games, and more.
This week on the App Store, the USGA is getting ready for the U.S. Open Golf Championship by releasing its app for the tournament. BuzzFeed has also released their own dedicated news app, featuring stories hand-selected by their editors. Social network Ello has also released a native app for the iPhone, and popular third-party weather app Dark Sky received a major update this week.
- 2015 U.S. Open Golf Championship – Free – Download Now
- BuzzFeed News – Free – Download Now
- Ello – Free – Download Now
- Dark Sky – $3.99 – Download Now
A number of new games have made their way to the store this week, starting with Xenowork, an isometric action/horror game. There’s also har-mo-ny 3, the latest in the series of musical puzzle games. If you’re waiting to see Disney’s Inside Out, you can check out Inside Out Though Bubbles bubble shooter. Bethesda Softworks also released their first mobile game this week with Fallout Shelter.
- Xenowerk – $1.99 – Download Now
- har-mo-ny 3 – $2.99 – Download Now
- Inside Out Thought Bubbles – Free – Download Now
- Fallout Shelter – Free – Download Now
With the official start of summer just a few more days away, Apple is highlighting apps for the great outdoors. If you want a forecast before you collect your camping gear, be sure to check out Storm by weather Underground. For finding a place to camp, take a look at Camp & RV from Allstays. The stargazers among you will want to download Star Walk 2. Those looking for extra help with outdoor navigation might like Spyglass, which is currently 50% off.
- Storm – Free – Download Now
- Camp & RV – Tent Camping to RV Parks – $9.99 – Download Now
- Star Walk 2 – $4.99 – Download Now
- Spyglass – $3.99 – Download Now
Be sure to check out all of the new apps and games on the store, and don’t forget to tell us about your favorites.