Father’s Day is this weekend and there are some decent deals on iPads, iMacs, and the MacBook Air. Best Buy’s running a promo discounting some iPad mini 3 models by $100, so now is an excellent time to pick up an iPad mini 3 if you’ve been waiting for a sale. Best Buy’s also discounting the 2015 13-inch MacBook Air by $100.
We’ve also rounded up some deals on Apple accessories including Beats headphones and iTunes gift cards, plus we’ve highlighted a long list of apps and games that are on sale this week.
iPad Air 2
B&H Photo is offering a small discount on most of its iPad Air 2 models, dropping prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB WiFi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $469 and the 64GB model is priced at $559. Prices vary somewhat by model, but there are slight discounts to be had.
MacMall is also offering some discounts on iPad Air 2 models, dropping the prices by $30 to $50. With the discount, the 16GB entry-level Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $459, while the Wi-Fi-only 64GB iPad Air 2 is available for $549.
Both Best Buy and B&H Photo have deep discounts on some remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad Air models, as listed below.
– iPad Air Wi-Fi Silver 128GB – $499
– iPad Air Cellular Silver 64GB (AT&T) – $449
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) – $499
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) – $449
– iPad Air Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) – $549
– iPad Air Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) – $549
iPad mini 3
Best Buy is discounting some of its WiFi-only iPad mini 3 models by $100, marking some of the lowest prices we’ve seen on the tablets since their October debut.
B&H Photo is offering some modest discounts on various iPad mini 3 models, dropping the price by up to $100. The 16GB WiFi + Cellular iPad mini 3 in gold is available for $479 and the 128GB version is available for $649. The 16GB Wi-Fi only version in Silver is available for $329 and the 64GB Wi-Fi model in Silver is available for $429.
Discounts for each model and and color vary, but most models are being offered at a lower price than you’ll find at the Apple Store, and buying from B&H, you won’t have to pay sales tax unless you’re in New York.
iPad mini 2
Amazon has some discounts on current iPad mini 2 models, offering the 16GB Silver Verizon iPad mini 2 for $329 and the 16GB Space Gray Verizon iPad mini 2 for $290, the lowest price we’ve seen. Amazon also has the 32GB Verizon iPad mini 2 in Space Gray for $419.
Best Buy, B&H Photo, and Amazon have remaining stock of now-discontinued higher-capacity iPad mini 2 models, which are a good deal if you’re looking for an iPad mini. Compared to the iPad mini 3, the iPad mini 2 only lacks Touch ID.
– iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (AT&T) – $449.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (AT&T) – $449.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (AT&T) – $379.99
– iPad mini Cellular Silver 128GB (Verizon) – $485
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 128GB (Verizon) – $534.99
– iPad mini Cellular Space Gray 64GB (Verizon) – $419.99
Apple discontinued its original iPad mini today, so retailers are starting to offer it at rock bottom prices. It’s got an older A5 processor and isn’t going to perform as well as the newer iPad mini 2 and iPad mini 3, but it’s still suitable for web browsing and light gaming/app use.
The lowest price on the iPad mini is $179, from a sale that Groupon is running. It’ll only last through the end of the day, so if you want an iPad mini super cheap, make sure to snap one up right away.
Best Buy has the 16GB AT&T iPad mini in Silver for $199, also an excellent deal.
– 2013 21.5-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/1TB (B&H Photo) (Adorama) – $1,199.99, $100 off
– 2013 21.5-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,399, $200 off
– 2013 27-inch 3.2GHz/8GB/1TB (Amazon) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,689, $110 off
– 2013 27-inch 3.4GHz/8GB/1TB (Adorama) – $1,794.99, $204 off
– 2014 27-inch 3.5GHz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (Best Buy) – $2,149.99, $150 off
– 2015 3.3GHz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (B&H Photo) (Adorama) (MacMall) – $1,899.99, $100 off
– 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $824.99, $75 off
– 2015 11-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) – $1044.99, $50 off
– 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/128GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) – $899.99, $100 off
– 2015 13-inch 1.6GHz/4GB/256GB (Best Buy) (Adorama) (B&H PHoto) (MacMall) – $1,139, $60 off
– 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $799, $200 off
– 2014 11-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (Amazon) – $808, $90 off
– 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/128GB (Adorama) – $819, $180 off
– 2014 13-inch 1.4GHz/4GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $899, $300 off
Retina MacBook Pro
– 2015 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/128GB (Best Buy) (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,234.99, $64 off
– 2015 13-inch 2.7GHz/8GB/256GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (Adorama) (MacMall) – $1,424.99, $74 off
– 2015 13-inch 2.9GHz/8GB/512GB (Adorama) (B&H Photo) – $1,699.99 $100 off
– 2015 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (Best Buy) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $1,899, $100 off
– 2015 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (Best Buy) (Amazon) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) – $2,374.99, $125 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/128GB (B&H Photo) – $1,149, $150 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.6GHz/8GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $1,229, $259 off
– 2014 13-inch 2.8GHz/8GB/512GB (B&H Photo) – $1,399 $400 off
– 2014 15-inch 2.2GHz/16GB/256GB (B&H Photo) – $1,799, $200 off
– 2014 15-inch 2.5GHz/16GB/512GB (B&H Photo) – $1,999, $500 off
There are quite a few apps that are on sale at discounted prices or available for free for a limited time. We’ll highlight a few here, but make sure to check out our sister site AppShopper for a complete list.
Note taking app Nebulous Notes is available for $0.99, down from $4.99. Photo editing app Mextures is available for $0.99, down from $1.99. Shoot ’em up game Breakeroids is available for free, down from $1.99.
Apple is running an “Amazing Fantasy Games” promotion in the App Store this week, discounting 16 popular fantasy games by more than 50 percent off. Titles on sale include BADLAND, Terraria, Radiation Island, Goblin Sword, Oceanhorn, and a bunch more.
Physics game Warhammer: Snotling Fling was named Apple’s App of the Week, so it will be free to download until next Thursday when a new app is picked.
Pad & Quill debuted some brand new MacBook bags and backpacks this week, and in celebration, the site is discounting all of its products by 10 percent with the promo code BPA15.
The Waloo Desktop Charging Cradle for Apple Watch is available for $14.99 from Groupon, down from $29.99. iHome’s Car Charger is available for $14.99 from Groupon, down from $29.99. Target is offering 20 percent off the Fitbit Flex.
MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.